Sunday, October 08, 2006

what do i feel?




MEGA Young Designers' Competition 2006 is coming soon.. i mean it.

right now im here in glorietta.. i just had a whole body massage at the The Spa in Greenbelt.. to relax.. and later go to a salon to have a hair cut..

it was april 28 when i submitted my entry to MEGA office. it was a very special day to me coz it was my 21st birthday.. after 2 months of waiting, i was in a jeep when i got a call from gerswin and a text msg from honnie telling me they were chosen as semi-finalists. i didnt get any txt/call that moment so i thought i ddnt make it. when i came in the shop ate nelya told me that my mom called.. i felt nervous. i called my mom. she said a girl from mega called. i was terrified. i called mega.. luckily, i was chosen as semi-finalist. thank God. we had a panel interview july 11 and it was july 26 when sophie called me up and said the good news. i never expected it. i was chosen to be part of the FINAL 6.

we had 2 months to complete the 6-piece collection. i was excited. i was nervous. i was worried. i prayed to God to give me wisdom, strength, creative mind, and money to finance my collection..

today is oct 8 and i can truly say that the Lord has given me more than i asked for.. new set of friends, a very supportive mentor, support from friends and generous help from tita beth and other people..

yesterday, we had a fitting with the models and i was very happy to see my creations worn by beautiful models.. that moment, i had a short prayer..

2 days from now, the winner will be announced. it can be joanna, emi, aries, dave, randall or me.. all of us want to win. but whoever wins, that person deserves it.

i am feeling nervous.. excited.. happy and most of all blessed.. to be part of the final 6 is such a great blessing from above.. im praying for the success of the show.. see you all on Oct 10.. :-)

2 comments:

angelgirl said...

Hi Veejay!

Grabe, I'm impressed at how much you've accomplished in so little time - with barely a year after graduation! :-) Just goes to show what an amazing talent you have.

I'll try to drop by the Crowne Plaza on Tuesday because it's near my office. But do post some pics here in your blog after the competition ok?

Good luck and God bless! You can do it! :-)

veejay floresca said...

thanks so much. :-)